Sunday, July 19, 2020

AGEYUVUDU ಅಗೆಯುವುದು -- Seamus Heaney's "Digging"

Dear Friends … I have created this blog to post my Kannada translations of poems in English (originally written in English as well as written in other languages and translated into English) and, if I can manage, from other Indian languages too.  I have translated poems and prose texts from Kannada to English, but I have only recently attempted translating to Kannada. 


This is the first poem that I translated from English to Kannada – Seamus Heaney’s Digging.  Seamus Heaney is an Irish poet and a Nobel laureate. Digging is the first poem in his first collection of poems, Death of a Naturalist.  It is a formidable poem, but whenever I read the poem, there was this urge to translate it into Kannada; and finally I tried and here it is …




The original English poem


No comments:

Post a Comment

ಮೃತ್ಯುವಿಗೆ: ರೆಕ್ವಿಯೆಮ್ ೮ - ANNA AKHMATOVA's 'TO DEATH - REQUIEM 8'

ಮೂಲ:  TO DEATH:  REQUIEM Poem  8 ಕವಿ: ಅನಾ ಅಖ್ಮತೊವಾ, ರಶಿಯಾ  ANNA AKHMATOVA, RUSSIA Translated from the Russian by  Lenore Mayhew and William ...