Monday, October 18, 2021

ಆ ಶಕ್ತಿ AA SHAKTI - ADAM ZAGAJEWSKI'S "THAT FORCE"

Dear friends ... back in Poland ... and back to my favourite poet ADAM ZAGAJEWSKI ... this poem, THAT FORCE, is from one of his early collections, TREMOR (1985) ... I was so gung ho about this ... I did the first stanza, that seemed to pose no major problems ... and the second stanza proved to be tricky, and I got my knickers into a twist with the word 'lie' ... I tried around 7 words, but was not happy with any of them ... just 'ಇದೆ' would have done the trick, but I saved that for the last stanza ... then the third stanza, another small word 'very' ... again I tried 3-4 words ... these small words are sometimes exasperating ... "the smallest words are those that cause the greatest grief" (my own 😀) ... then the title word 'force' ... so, here it is ...


ಮೂಲ: THAT FORCE
ಕವಿ: ಆಡಮ್ ಜ಼ಾಗಯೆವ್‌ಸ್ಕಿ, ಪೋಲೆಂಡ್ ADAM ZAGAJEWSKI, POLAND
Translated from the Polish to English by RENATA GORCZYNSKI
ಕನ್ನಡ ಅನುವಾದ: ಎಸ್ ಜಯಶ್ರೀನಿವಾಸ ರಾವ್

ಆ ಶಕ್ತಿ
ಮರಗಳ ಶಾಖೆಗಳಲ್ಲಿ
ಗಿಡಗಳ ಜೀವರಸದಲ್ಲಿ
ಮಿಡಿಯುವ ಶಕ್ತಿ
ಕವನಗಳಲ್ಲೂ ನೆಲೆಸಿದೆ
ಆದರೆ ಅದಲ್ಲಿ ಶಾಂತವಾಗಿದೆ
ಚುಂಬನದಲ್ಲಿ
ಬಯಕೆಯಲ್ಲಿ
ಓಲಾಡುವ ಶಕ್ತಿ
ಕವನಗಳಲ್ಲೂ ಚಾಚಿದೆ
ಆದರೆ ಮೌನವಾಗಿದೆ
ನೆಪೋಲಿಯನ್‌ನ ಕನಸುಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಬೆಳೆದು
ಅವನಿಗೆ ರಷ್ಯಾ ಮತ್ತದರ ಹಿಮಗಳನ್ನು
ವಶಪಡಿಸಿಕೊಳ್ಳೆಂದು ಹೇಳುವ ಶಕ್ತಿ
ಕವನಗಳಲ್ಲೂ ಇದೆ
ಆದರೆ ನಿಶ್ಚಲವಾಗಿದೆ

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment

ಮೃತ್ಯುವಿಗೆ: ರೆಕ್ವಿಯೆಮ್ ೮ - ANNA AKHMATOVA's 'TO DEATH - REQUIEM 8'

ಮೂಲ:  TO DEATH:  REQUIEM Poem  8 ಕವಿ: ಅನಾ ಅಖ್ಮತೊವಾ, ರಶಿಯಾ  ANNA AKHMATOVA, RUSSIA Translated from the Russian by  Lenore Mayhew and William ...